Friday 9 May 2014

Mothers Day

Hello my pulchritudinous readers!
Okay, so mother's day is coming up really soon! I spent ages brainstorming on what to get my mom, you know, something special that isn't costly but is priceless at the same time, one that would make her whole face light up when she sees it, one that is irreplaceable. So after some serious thoughts, I decided to go with one of the cheesiest thing I could think of -- a mother's day poem! Yes, I know, how unique blah blah... But that was the best I could do. Being a minor, I can't afford much, so that was my gift. I will post a copy of my poem below. Hope you enjoy it and blog soon since it is the weekend though I have quite a weekend filled with lots and lots of homework (3 history research task essays, maths homework, English book PMI, Chinese homework etc) *groans*

SO there ya go!

I know this is overrated
Thousands of the same kind
And probably kinda belated
So I hope you don’t mind

Sometimes I seem indifferent
Towards your affection
Towards your sentiment
And your compassion

I won’t go about
Saying thing I don’t mean
Although that won’t make me sprout
A long nose, like a beam

With that said,
No holds barred,
And I promise to not raid
Those insincere greeting cards

I can’t begin to express my gratefulness
To your ever-present humility
To your ever-lasting gentleness
And your never-ending dexterity    

Those are one of the many
Things that you prevail
A list might come in handy
As a reminder, full scale


This list would be long-winded
The longest you’ll ever see
Miles and miles, you’ll be adulated
In the best means it can be

This list would start from A
Have it follow through to Z
Though it can’t formulate
For the sake of the trees

Just know that in my heart
You will always be the best
And one day we may part
But I won’t be like the rest

Today is your day
To kick back and mitigate
So keep your worries at bay
And luxuriate

Forever & Always




Wonder if you people get what I was trying to do...
Anyway, it is my first time writing a poem so please be nice :)

xx,
K


No comments:

Post a Comment