Thursday 1 May 2014

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Annabel

Heyyy! I'm back! I know I was actually supposed to upload this before Invisible but oh well. Enjoy!


Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

Basically, this story is about a girl, Hadley running late to her flight to London, where she was expected to attend her father's second marriage to a woman she has never met that goes by the name Charlotte. She is not too pleased about being forced to go, but for her mother's sake, she agreed rather reluctantly. She missed the flight by 4 minutes and the next flight would give her a slim chance of making it to the wedding on time, but better late than never, right? So she goes for it. She meets Oliver first when she was waiting on her flight, and needs to go to the bathroom. She asks for a lady sitting nearby to hold onto her bag for the time being, but the lady refuses, claiming that it is illegal to do so, which was when Oliver swoops in and offers his assistance. Eventually, they start talking and discover that they are taking the same flight, and Oliver claims to also be heading over to London to attend a wedding, and as every minute pass, their chemistry get stronger -- and what would they do once the flight lands? Will they keep in touch, or will they just move on? 

What I liked about this book: 
I liked the humor in it. I enjoyed Oliver as a character and it could be classified as a light read, nothing too serious.

What I felt needed some improvements:
For a book called The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, I would've expected a lot more than what I got. I felt that the story was not really engaging, and the story line was dull. Some aspects of the book was also unrealistic. Yes, I know that books don't have to be realistic, but that just makes the book totally cheesy. I also thought that things in the book was moving too fast. It was an okay read, but it did not leave a deep impression on me. 

That is it for now! WOW! 2 in a day, man I'm on a roll!

Okay, so it is pretty late and I should probably get off the internet and all but I just can't help it.

Cheers,
K

B/N: I feel kinda bad for all the negativity towards this book but I speak the truth, or at least what I feel! I need to look for more books to read now! Byeeeeee :)



No comments:

Post a Comment