Sunday 18 May 2014

Best Brownie Winner?

Recently, our Anti Bullying Committee held a fundraising stall for the Alannah and Madeline foundation. I felt the need to participate to help, so I decided to bake so BROWNIES!

First of all, I felt the need to let all of you know that I have NEVER baked a brownie before in my entire life, so I had no idea what to do: from scratch or box mix?

I did some research on which is better, and I somehow felt more convinced to get the box mixes.

Why? Because I had very limited time (like 3 hours) to bake loads of brownies, and it seemed like the best way to bake brownies for the first time -- easy and minimal mess considering my mom would freak if she saw me mess up her kitchen! So box mix it was!

I was just waking down the baking isle in Coles and found myself wondering which to get. There were tons of brownie box mixes and they all looked really good (also priced about the same!) so I pondered and pondered and finally decided to test 3 different type of brownie mixes! I ended up trialing Betty Crocker Tripe Chocolate Fudge brownie mix, Adriano Zumbo Chocolate Brownies and Donna Hay Molten Chocolate Chunk Brownies.

They all turned out pretty well for me. Both my mother and sister favoured the Donna Hay Molten Chocolate Chunk Brownies, saying that it had the richest taste out of all of them. I personally thought that they were all good, but was more of the Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Brownie fan. I felt that it was simple and not too overpowering and overwhelming in terms of flavour and chocolate richness. For the Adriano Zumbo one, I felt that it had this light coconut aftertaste which some people may fin weird but I oddly like. I am not quite sure as to how my fellow schoolmates would react to the brownies ( I made about 35 big brownie slices), so I'll update you guys on how a bunch of teenagers would react and which was the most popular among our school!

*Update*

Whew! Today was great! We raised almost $200 for the Alannah and Madeline foundation so that was awesome! Pretty much all my brownies were sold :) I reckon they were all equally popular among the student body, but the one to finish quicker would be the Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate fudge one, so there you have it, but they are equally fantastic (from feedback!).

xx,
Khatie

No comments:

Post a Comment